Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Kontronic ???

Old 08-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Chuck Lewis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kontronic ???

Has anyone tried to contact Mike at Kontronics recently ?
I sent then a motor and controller almost 3 weeks ago and haven't had any response to my e-mails.
Thanks, Chuck
Old 08-28-2003, 05:25 AM
jbot

Default Kontronic ???

Chuck,
Have you heard anything yet? I have just posted a query concerning Kontronik. If there is a problem with service, please let us know because I don't want to deal with a company that has poor product support.
Thanks,
Jim Bottom
Old 08-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Chuck Lewis
My Feedback: (1)

Default Kontronic ???

Jim,
I was able to contact Mike on the ezone site. The server at Kontroniks had crashed and he was not able to get e-mail, he thinks the heat wave over there caused the problem.
I received my motor and controller last Monday. They sent me a new motor and checked out the controller for no charge. I am very happy with their service, you should have no worries.
Thanks, Chuck

ps. You can go to the ezone site and post in the Kontroniks forum if you need to contact them.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:59 PM
twinster2
My Feedback: (57)

Default Poor customer support.

I will probably not buy another Kontronic ESC again after the poor customer support I had gotten. Let me explain. Early in the summer I had contacted Kontronic about a Sun 4001 that had failed at the 11 month interval. I contacted the company and they said it would be replace provided that I send them the ESC and paid the shipping. Since I bought it through Northeast Sail, they (Kontronic) suggested that I sent it to NES and they would send it to Kontronic. I did so with a Note and Bill of Sale. After about 5 weeks I found out that Kontronic would not honor their warranty, but I could buy a new one from Northeast Sail for $41 plus shipping. I not exactly sure why the warranty wasn't honored, perhaps by the time they received it was beyond the 12 month warranty period. In any case, I think I will stick with other manufactures of ESC from now on.

Don