Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Moter help plz?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
olllian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moter help plz?

Hey guys i have a quick question some electric moters are called 10,15,25 size and on. But what is hs3026 or 4020 in size? I am looking at the hyperion moters and cant figure out what its compere to in the power size? Thank you
Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moter help plz?

May be a quick question, but it's going to be a loooooooong answer.

Manufacturers do not use the same specs to classify their motors.

As you saw, some are classed by their gas equivilant, ie: .15, .25, .46. .60 and so on.
Others use the dimensions of the motor itself. The length, diameter, stator size, windings, etc.

What you need to look at it the watts the motor produces to see if it is a fit for your need.

Over on WattFlyer there are some good primers on selecting a proper system, you may want to give it a read.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24238

When in doubt, post your bird's info, and you'll get a bunch of info on what others have used or would recommend.