Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hitec Servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Mach7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Servo

Hello all...

I posted here before and recieved some good information (thanks Jeff).

Just to recap: I am using the servo's to operate old discarded Boeing 747 engine gauges for a project I am doing. These gauges incorporate potentiometers and an AC operated servo motor for operation.

Since the only part of use to me on this aircraft gauge was the potentiometer, i basicallygutted the gauge and kept only the pot, (which is a rotary type with 3 wires).

SInce then I have bought 4 HITEC servo's (HS-5245MG), stripped them apart, attached the motor to the extended drive shaft of the existing AC motor, discarded the RC pot and connected the aircraft gauge pot directly to the RCs I/C control board.

In this case i am using the RC motor to rotate the transmission of the gauge to drive the needle (high gear ratio so the motor must turn 10 revolutions just to move the gauge needle a hair). So bogging down the motor was never an issue.

Also, although not a 'true' 5 ohm pot., i was able to program the RC IC board 'start' and 'stop' points (900 to 2100 pulses) for 180 degree rotation with the servocity HPP-21 programmer. Then test it and found that it worked perfectly!

Here is my problem.....i don't like the dinky little motors that come with the HS-5245MG product.

I am looking now at upgrading to the HS-7955TG, this unit has the coreless carbon bush motors, and the new upgraded G2 circuit board.

I need someone that knows this or similar HITEC products (like the HS-7975HB, HS-796MG, or HS07954SH) and the internal workings.

Here are my questions:

Looking at the G2 circuit board...it almost appears as if the motor is directly connected to the board(?). I need go know if the ic board and motor are separate...that is connected by two wires for operation so i can install them in my project.

Also....these units have Potentiometer Drive:6 SliderIndirect Drive...what the heck is that??? If it is different from the regular rotary pot....will the G2 board still recognize my aircraft pot as did the previously purchased product that had the rotary pot? (HS-5245MG).

I have searched the web...but to my understanding i cannot just 'buy' the coreless motor and G2 circuit board.

Any and all information is appreciated....i have to buy 19 of these things so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks!