Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Batteries Customize your own Too cool !

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:40 AM
flying klown
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries Customize your own Too cool !

I saw an Ad here about building your own Battery pack. Or It reeally said customize your battery pack. I just ordered today from http://www.unipros.com/battpacks/mai...ssion_id=47540

You build you own battery pack.

First to order do the following. Go to www.cheapbatterypacks.com and click on the pack button. Here you can create your pack. Follow each step.

I got a battery pack for half the price I paid for my others. I have a 7 cell battery pack that cost $30.00. I built my own here and they are better batteries than what I bought for $30.00 anyway. I got them for half price! Yes. I went ahead and bought two packs.

If you are like me you need a lot of batteries. These will charge with your charger. If you have any questions I dealt with Mark and he had the patience of a saint with me I know because I asked a lot of questions. He held my hand and walked with me HA HA HA and man this is cool. He will answer any of your questions. I was so impressed. i thought I would share it with you guys. I guess that is ok here because I saw the Ad here on RC universe anyway... But I was pleased. You got to check out the Customizer. It is too cool if you fly electric...Tell them you read this from a crazy guy that thought this was the best thing since sliced bread! Tell Mike David sent you! He will get a kicK out of that!

Thanks hope it does you good..It sure did me!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:23 AM
sierra gold

Cheapbatterypacks.com is a great place to purchase cells or packs.

Good quality cells, very good pack construction, quick service, and very competitive pricing.

Just a happy customer.

Sierra Gold
Old 09-06-2003, 04:29 AM
flying klown

I sure do like them too. They did me right and stand behind what they sell. That is all they do. They sent my order in two days. That was fast. now I can go out and fly all weekend with less charging sessions.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:14 AM
e-bird

Default RE: Batteries Customize your own Too cool !

Cheapbatterypacks.com I have 12 cells of the 1200's 3sX2p pack's should be here today Maybe x month get some 2200's I have being dealing with FMA but I can have 2200 for the price of 1500's from fma maybe Mike will force everyone else down in priice
FMA tabs keep brakeing also. CU
Old 09-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

I've yet to build any of my own packs that cost more than what unipros or any other online store charges (N-cell thru Sub-C); soldering/building a pack isn't all too intimidating with the right set of tools and jigs. fwiw another cheap source for loose cells:

http://www.battlepack.com/loosecells.asp

Also, if you have the bandwidth you can d/l this VERY good video guide on building a SC Stick pack for high-amp draw applications (removing wraps, using Kapton tape). 54MB flie though, but worth the time:

http://awilletts.ezonemag.com/makepack.mpg

ops, there's a low-rez version also (11MB):

http://awilletts.ezonemag.com/makepack_low.mpg
Old 09-18-2003, 10:58 PM
flying klown

I got my Batteries FINALLY today and it is too windy to fly! The Hurricaine. Oh well. Need to charge them. The only thing wrong is they put 3" too much wire on it. I wrote and told him. He needs to cut that. I sent him a old battery pack and it show the length. Oh well guess that is the way he does it. Yes Mike will drive the price down. It looks like it. I have already sent 20 people there. I hope he offers me a discount or somethiong. When you talk to him tell him David sent you! They do their ads here so I guess that is alright to mention them here. that is how I found them was here!

Ok later dudes.