Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

PT Electric with T-600

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:01 AM
plane-o-joe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PT Electric with T-600

[]I purchased a PT Electric that comes with the T-600 motor. I Purchased this for my 12 year old son that wants to learn RC. The T-600 seems a little weak for an airframe that will weigh in at the 48-50 oz range. Great Planes recommends that this plane be hand launched, but I would like my son to get a feel for take offs also. So I checked into the GD600 gear drive for this motor, but I have found out it requires a reverse turn motor. Can the T-600 be reversed by switching polarity and will this be effective? Also, I am switching from the standard switch to an ESC. Is the 50 amp ESC the way to go or would a 30 amp ESC be sufficient? I will be using 9v 1500mah ,7 sub-c cells, car batteries for power. I'm open here for any suggestions due to the fact that I know little about the electrics. I usually fly glow and gas.

Thanks,
Plane-o-Joe
Old 09-22-2003, 11:14 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PT Electric with T-600

I always go over boared on my ESC's so I would say to go with the 50amp.

A good power system for you would be a Magnetic Mayhem (reverse) gd600 gear box, get the highest reduction pinion they offer, APC 12X6, 11X6, prop, 8-10 2400 mah nicds. Hobby people have them on sale all the time for $30.00 for two 6cell packs.

I am running this set up in a Sureflite J3 cub. It yanks the palne off the ground like it is rocket powerd. I fly at 1/2 throttle and just cruise around with it. I have not timed it yet so I can only give aa guess on flite times. I get around 8 minutes or so of powered flight and a couple of more minutes of glide time.

Dru.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:32 PM
plane-o-joe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PT Electric with T-600

Thanks for the reply and I'll definitely check out the batteries at Hobby People!