Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Need help with choosing a brushless speed controller

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Need help with choosing a brushless speed controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with choosing a brushless speed controller

I need to buy a 60 amp brushless speed controller for my E-Flight Power 46 motor and was wondering what a popular brand is these days? I have been away from this sight and my hobby for a few years and the technology and equipment has changed a bit on me. Almost all of my planes run on nitro and have a long antenna thingie on the TX and a little wire hanging out the back of the plane..LOL! I I hear Castle Creations and E-Flight make pretty good stuff? This ESC is going into a nice plane so cheep is not my #1 objective, I own a small Castle Creations ESC in a park flyer and it seems to work just fine. The local field where I use to fly is all but abandoned, there is no local hobby shop so not many people around to ask.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use both E-flite and Castle and would recommend either one.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:47 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Is there any brand I should stay away from?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:05 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well.....there are a lot of cheap and cheaply-made ones out there . I have some of the cheap ones running in smaller planes and they work OK but I wouldn't trust any of their higher amp ones in a nice plane. Some names that come to mind are Mystery, Hobbywing, the ones in yellow shrink-wrap with no name, etc... Again, they work but there are better choices for higher amperage and nicer planes.
Jeti is another name to add to the good list.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Donwebster

Hobbywing 60A brushless ESC http://www.focalrc.com/hobbywing-fly...ec-p21301.html