Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

looking for brushless motor info. please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 06:28 PM
malcham33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for brushless motor info. please help

Could some one tell me where to find info in brushless motors. I'm rebuilding an old electric boat and need a motor and esc bit have no idea where to start. I've been looking around at a few motors but I want to know what makes them tick. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are in runner motors, similar to a ducted fan motor. They can have a water cooled jacket around them.

You would need to say what size of boat you have.

If you look at brushless boats on the market, they list the size of motor and seed control they have so if it is close to the same size as yours, it would give you an idea of the size you need.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWCJ1**&P=0

uses a 36-56-2030kV

This one is close but a higher KV rating.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-3660-3180kv-blue.html

Buzz.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM
malcham33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ever set up I go with will be going in an ABC fighter 550. It came stock with a brushed 550 turn years back. Now I want it to be brushless. Been looking at a turnigy 3660SL 3180 kv in runner that's water cooled and thinking of turnigy 120 amp esc or the 160 amp just to be safe Because if my calculation is correct the motor will pull 94 amp. Also I found this motor for $41 on hobbyking

Last edited by malcham33; 02-04-2015 at 08:52 PM.