Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

fluttering servo's

Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fluttering servo's

Got a tricky question, perplexing actually. I have a precision aerobatics bandit with the quantum 45 esc and thrust 40 motor, controlled by a Futaba 7C radio with a 617 FS receiver. Using a 4 cell, 2200 MAH 35C battery. When I hook everything up, motor spins correct direction, but the elevator and rudder servo's flutter uncontrollably. I swapped out the 12" extensions to the servo's in the tail but still flutters. I then put a ferrite ring on the lead going from the esc to the throttle connection on the receiver and this helped the elevator but the rudder still flutters. I swapped servos's, still flutters, swapped receivers, still flutters, swapped transmitters, still flutters. I then tried an e-flite esc (22 amp) with a 3 cell pack and the fluttering is gone. Do I have a bad esc from Quantum?
Could it be the carbon pieces in the airframe and the extension leads from the servo's picking up noise?
Should I use coiled extensions like the ones Hi-tec uses?
Should I put ferrite rings on the extensions?

Help!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1797551_1035600836450390_8340766189502827020_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	2106736