Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Turnigy Multistar ESC throttle curve programming issue

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Turnigy Multistar ESC throttle curve programming issue

Old 09-04-2015, 04:48 AM
shagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy Multistar ESC throttle curve programming issue

Hello,

I'm working on a control system for a quadcopter and I'm using 4 30-amp Turnigy Multistar ESCs to power it. After a minor crash the programming settings changed for some reason.
The problem that I have is that the throttle curves (soft start) changed aswell and I'm getting various responses from each esc (I tested throttle input vs RPM). The question is how do I program the damn things to
get the throttle curves to be the same again? The transmitter programming does not have that option. I see that there is a turnigy multistar card available but that does not seem to have such an option either.

I should also mention that I hooked up all the ESC signal wires, grounds and VCC from one of them and programmed all the settings using the transmitter including the timing, but still they spin at different speeds

So what do I do now? How can I restore factory settings?

Last edited by shagas; 09-04-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:44 AM
shagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I fixed it by manually re-flashing the firmware on all esc's to SimonK firmware which I should say is vastly superior (faster reaction, solid feedback) to the default garbage firmware that was on.