Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Anybody had good luck with the larger Suppo 60 sized motors? Check out this video.

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Anybody had good luck with the larger Suppo 60 sized motors? Check out this video.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:36 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody had good luck with the larger Suppo 60 sized motors? Check out this video.

The Suppo 4130-6 is a $49.99 motor that can pull a 11 Lb plane with authority. Here's a video of another motor sold under the name of "Just Go Fly 4130-6" which ummmm.... shall I just say, looks to be a close copy and probably a very good indicator of the kind of performance the Suppo will provide.

But, you know what they say; "You get what you pay for!" . There's more then one report of heavy usage and heating up of some of the cheap Turnigy motors resulting in loose magnets and dead stick landings. I haven't heard anything good or bad about Suppo Motors but was wondering if this kind of same problem or other kinds of maladies can be expected with most inexpensive motors. (???) Seeing this kind of performance for a $50 price tag is just too tempting. I've little experience with electrics except for a small park flyer or two, so I'm a newbie and not sure of this stuff. (loose magnets, off balance shaft, etc) Can anybody vouch for this Suppo motor's quality (or lack of it) before I order it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXywDbHx1Zs
Old 11-16-2015, 06:34 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I only have 2 smaller 28mm Suppo's. I don't have any of the big name brand motors either. I have (3) of the Tacon 60's though. I use a 5500mah 6s pack, 16X8 prop. Lifts my glider tug up at 12 pounds with the 2.3 meter glider on board. I also have the .46, .32, .15, .10 motors from Tacon. Have been great. No failures never come down hot.

Buzz.