Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

rimfire 200

Old 03-15-2016, 12:48 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rimfire 200

Hi can someone point me to a hobbyking equivalent to the rimfire 200 motor http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAETX&P=M . The motor is going into one of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFNNV
excuse me if this seems like a dumb question but when it comes to electric stuff Im clueless ! I have searched but its all Japanese to me . Are the rimfires good motors in case I get one ? Cheers the pope
Old 03-15-2016, 06:50 PM
tmulligan

The Rimfire 200 is a 47 watt motor. On HK's website, you can select motors by size. Each motor will give the watts generated. Any 50 watt motor will provide enough power. If you also match Kv, that will give you the same speed as the Rimfire 200. However, sometimes the mounting hardware is not a perfect fit. Since the Rimfire 200 is only $24, I'd just buy that and know that it will fit and fly.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:47 PM
the pope

Ok thanks for the reply ,it would be easier for me than wading through stuff that doesnt make much sense . So the rimfire motors are ok ? Cheers
Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
tmulligan

I have found the Rimfire motors to be some of the best.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:18 PM
the pope

Thanks , I have just placed the order so will see how this little beast performs . Anyone have one of these wings ? Im just looking to stooge around at the local oval . My club is 40min. away but I have a flying bud who comes down and we do some boating and we just got a quad each to mess with as well . Saw one fly down my street the other day ( a bit out there ) . Looked to see who was driving but it must have been a fpv . I was waiting for him to hit some power lines but alas no luck . Cheers and thanks again Mulligan