Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Turnigy Plush 18amp version

Old 05-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Schiavoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turnigy Plush 18amp version

I recently bought two Turnigy Plush 18a escs to replace some that I burned out on my tricopter. I put them on and noticed that they were smaller than the other one. The new ones were version 4.3, while the old one was version 3.1. I turned it on and the 3.1 started smoking and melted half the casing. Now I need a new esc, but no website I can find specifies the version, although the picture always shows the 3.1. Did the differing versions bust my esc? I haven't gotten this thing to fly yet, and have been through 4 escs, a motor, and a servo. I would really like something to go as planned.
Thanks-
Schiavoni