Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

TekSumo needs more speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 03:39 PM
timLQ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TekSumo needs more speed

I don't know anything about electrics... I usually fly gas. I need some of you electric guys to help me out, please! I recently bought a TekSumo and fitted with a Turnigy 2816/6 2200KV, 40 Speed Control, 6x4 APC, with a 2200, 4s 40-60C battery. It flew pretty fast but not fast enough. I changed out the prop for a 7X5 APC and it was a bit faster.

Can anyone tell me what motor I need to go faster. I saw my set up on UTube and it was clocked at 95mph and 95 just doesn't seem very fast in person.

I have a Himax HB 2815 4000. Will this make it faster? What prop? Any other motor recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited by timLQ; 01-30-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling