Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ESC set up question

Old 02-11-2017, 08:10 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESC set up question

I think I experienced this problem in the past but I forget how I solved it. On most of my 6 cell and 8 cell I use a different method of battery back up and my servos ect are primarily running off my lipo flight motor packs.
On this recent project its simply to large to take the chance so my planned set up is.
1) life for the flight system -but testing with traditional nicads for test until I determine if the life will. need to be regulated down in volts for the servos
2) 2x5000 x6 cells for my 160 size motor on a 120 HD. ESC
3) Spark surpressor running to two lipo battery leads.
4)cut red wire from ESC
Process
1)turn on TX, 2) switch on receiver pack 3) plane responds 4) plug surpressor in , motor beeps single beeps but never fully engages
Change the process
1) Turn on TX
2) plug in spark surpressor , motor beeps in the exact same manner but never power up.
I am starting to think the problem is with the spark surpressor because when I tested the system early on without the connection direct from ESC to battery's I had full motor power.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:09 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What is the exact design of your spark suppressor? What type of ESC? It is possible that the resistor in your suppressor is too large and preventing the ESC input caps from charging up in time.

FWIW, i have excellent luck with Jeti anti spark connectors (available in 3 different sizes); never an issue with arming, zero spark.

At the bottom of this page
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-model-cz.aspx