Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Turnigy ESC Can't hear tone

Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 AM
RoyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy ESC Can't hear tone

I am installing a Turnigy G46 with Turnigy Plush 80 Amp ESC in a new Airplane. Neither have been used, I bought them a few years ago.
Initially I plugged everything in, got the correct beeps, and the motor ran, as normal.
I began setting up my controls, (Ailerons/flaps, etc.). which required multiple plugging and unplugging the battery. When I finished, I plugged it in and could not hear the beeps from the motor. It made a quiet beeping sound, and the motor would jerk each time, but would not run. I un plugged the ESC and turned the radio off a couple of times. Soon the motor would run, but I had to open to half throttle before it started, and I can barely hear the beeps.
Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:40 PM
gyrocptr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound comes from the motor windings. Loss of sound and motor stutter =>Perhaps a ESC-motor connection has gone bad... broken wire under the shrink tubing, broken solder joint, corrosion/contamination in the bullet connector.