Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Dynamic 60A ESC pulsing when sharply opening throttle

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Dynamic 60A ESC pulsing when sharply opening throttle

Old 09-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Phantom805

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamic 60A ESC pulsing when sharply opening throttle

Hi,

I recently bought a second hand Extreme Flight Yak 54e that has the stock motor (Torque 2814T 820kV) and a 60A Dynamic ESC. When I open full throttle from stationary the motor just pulsates between low and mid throttle. If I go back to low throttle and open the throttle slowly then it behaves as expected all the way to full throttle.

I have looked at the peak current (42A) and wattage (580W) and they are both within spec of the ESC and motor. I am running 4s and the min Voltage is 14.9V. Has anyone experienced this behaviour with other ESC? I don't seem to be able to find any information or instructions on the "Dynamic" ESC range. I guess I am wondering if this is a failsafe (if so on what) or a fault?

Thanks,

Phantom805