Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

esc

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 11:24 AM
neoiscool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc

I am working on a rc project and need to control a motor to move a car like base. The reason this is on the plane board is because i have lookied at the car esc but they do more then i need and are much more expensive. I just need to control a small motor so i saw a plane esc for a good price will this allow me to control my motor by radio?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: esc

Yes, that's what they're made for. However, I'm not sure where you get the idea that a car ESC is more expensive and does more than you need. If this is a land-based vehicle, certainly you need reverse. An aircraft ESC does not have reverse. I've seen many very affordable car ESCs online, at places like http://www.towerhobbies.com and http://www.hobbypeople.net. They start at $35. A decent airplane ESC will cost you at least that much.

The very inexpensive aircraft ESCs can't handle very much current. You have to be very careful about that, or you will be burning out ESCs and it will end up costing you more in the long run.