Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

equivalent motor

Old 10-31-2003, 05:23 AM
spitlm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default equivalent motor

Hi all,

How can I know which motor is equivalent to other one, there are any page or list of electric motor equivalences, for example a Hacker B20-12L+4:1 which others motor can do the same job.

Thenk you,

Luis
Old 11-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Wyld Weasel

Default RE: equivalent motor

Hi All:

Hey Spit i'm looking for the same info as you for equivalent motors. Here is what i got.

speed 400 = endoplasma , magnetic mayhem , Trinity speed gems - ruby , sapphire, quartz. These motors are used in the R/C cars and can be used in airplanes. Don't forget the higher the windings the higher RPM's
so look for windings in the 17-24 wind range.Also these motors are being used with a 4.1 ratio gearbox. If you have info I need equivalents for 280, 300 series motors.

Thanks
Wyld Weasel
Old 11-21-2003, 09:53 AM
rmh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the least money - the Himax 2015 series -these guys are hard to beat --50 bucks . and a adapter kit is 6 bucks same shaft size also --
if you pick a cooler wind - the cost of th brusshless controller can also be lower ( a 10 amp type)
Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 PM
crossed thumbs-delete

Hello. Does anybody know of a site that showes the dimentions of motors such as case size?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:27 AM
rmh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the Hacker and the Himax are the same size cans - in short and long configurations -- (20/20s)
the difference is in the shaft diameters . 2mm Himax/2.3 mm Hacker .
It is obvious that the Himax is made to be a drop in where Hacker is/was fitted.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Wyld Weasel

Hi All:

Hey CThumbs check out hobby-lobby do a search for 280,380,400 speed motors they will show you a list of the motors they carry and spec sheet for them.

Wyld Weasel