Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

no servo/trans. control

Old 11-03-2003, 10:32 PM
zpainter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no servo/trans. control

Hello, I just bought a foam p-51 from HL. I bought the recommended set up... a speed 300, a Jeti controller, a Hitec 555 receiver, and HS-55 servos. I am using an old JR 347 that I haven't used in a while and I bought the appropiate crystal. and am using an 8 cell pack.

My problem is: I can't get the system to operate. I get a jump out of the servos when I turn the switch to the controller, and a jump when I turn on the transmitter, but nothing happens when I move the sticks. Everything is charged properly.

I tried a test by plugging a 480 pack into the Battery space on the receiver, and bypassing the controller, still the same thing. no movement when the sticks are moved.

Im trying to set the throws so I can get it in the air. If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated

Thanks,
ZP
Old 11-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: no servo/trans. control

Did you get the JR compatible version of the Hitec 555?
Old 11-04-2003, 11:33 AM
zpainter

Yes I did. I could have used another transmitter on another frequency, but I wanted to utilize this older one because I could program a few planes into it.

I have to tell you tho, it's hasn't been used since '99. Everything charged ok. Tonight I'm going to try the original receiver and check the sticks to see if its the new Hitec

ZP
Old 11-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Dr Kiwi

Did you arm the ESC correctly by letting it "see" the 1-2 seconds of zero throttle? Have you got the leads connected to the Rx correctly (i.e. 'signal', + and - in the correct order)?

Cheers, Phil
Old 11-04-2003, 10:06 PM
zpainter

Hi Dr Kiwi.

I entered the throttle travel throw setting mode on the 347 and set the throw at 100%, I set the trim at "0". I don't hear the "beep" that the instructions say I should hear.

I tried the old receiver, and the transmitter is working properly.

The instruction are a bit vague to me about the setup of the controller. I soldered the battery correctly(black to black and red to red) and I soldered the motor, red lead from the battery to the red dot on the motor and black to black. Yet no beep from the controller. Should the transmitter read 100% travel, with the trim lever off? Thats what I have gleaned from the instructions. My only assumption is that the controller is not working properly from reading the signal from the transmitter (the beeping) OR, the receiver is preventing the signal from reaching the servos. Its kinda frustrating.

Your thoughts?

ZP