Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Cermark 600 Size Brushless 79.99

Old 01-26-2004, 05:28 AM
RCAV8ER52
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark 600 Size Brushless 79.99

I'm new to electrics and have recently got a used Great Planes Electro Streak ARF which is in very good shape but does not have a motor. It came with a 550 can motor but it left a lot to be desired according to the original owner. I'm going to go brushless but have been racking my brain trying to decide which one to get. HACKER recommends a B40-8L+4.4:1 gearbox at 249.00.
I'm on a fixed income so the Hacker is entirely out of the question! Cermark has a 600 size
brushless (Cem600BL3) for 79.95 and a (Cem600BL2 w/4.5:1 Planetary gearbox) for 119.95.
Has anyone ever used Cermark brushless motors? The price seems to good to be true! Also would one of these motors work on the Electro Streak(45oz.AUW.w/can motor)??? PLEASE HELP!
Thanks,
Plane Crazzzy
Old 01-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Cermark 600 Size Brushless 79.99

This must be a new product on the market.

The specifications posted on their website don't really give us much to go on, unfortunately. They say it draws less than 40 Amps with an 11x8 prop, but they don't specify the battery they used. Current will vary widely as you go from 7.2V to 15V and don't change the propeller.

I know you probably won't like to hear this, but I wouldn't consider this motor right now. More information needs to be provided.

There are a couple of threads on powering Electrostreaks on this forum. You might want to search those out and take a look-see.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:29 AM
RCAV8ER52

I don't mind hearing what you said about waiting on this motor until we get more info on it.
I respect your opinion! That's why I'm asking here in this forum so I don't make a mistake and
buy something that I will regret later. I did a search of this forum and all it came back with was "my" post. I'm not experienced at this so maybe I done something wrong??? Any help would
be appreciated!!! I did a search of all forums and found a bunch of stuff on the Electro
Streak. I got sum readen ta do!!! Still like to hear from anyone who's
used one of these Cermark motors. Thanks!
Plane Crazzzy
Old 01-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

the electro streak is a great plane when powered right. I wish they still made the kit. The motor that comes with it is not strong enough. I suggest you look into Hobby Lobby's Jeti Phasor motors. I have the large one and like it but for the streak a smaller one may be fine. THe larger one 45/3 is the same size as a 550-600 motor with a ton more poop!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:07 PM
RCAV8ER52

Yes I've herd the Jeti Phasor direct drive motors are pretty good but I decided to go for the Himaxx
HB 3630-1500 direct drive motor. I've had several people tell me that they don't know why
Hacker says to use their B408L w/ 4.4:1 gearbox in an Electro Streak! My friends say it's totally
the wrong choice,that a direct drive motor is much better. With the Himaxx motor I'll be using
an 8 cell 3300 mAh NiMh which will increase the AUW to only an ounce more than w/the original
550 can motor and 7 cells at 2000 mAh. One ounce is worth the extra performance I'm gonna
get! I'm hoping to fly tomorrow Feb 12 for the first time. I'll post here how the E-Streak does with the new Himaxx motor and the new 8 cell 3300 NiMh.

Feb. Friday 13 Haven't had a chance to fly the E-Streak yet. Weather got bad. Will post when I do.

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Finally on Thursday Feb.19 I flew the Electro Streak with the Himaxx
motor and did I have FUN!!! The performance was totally FAST!!! Can't wait for the weather to clear again. Man I Love this hobby!!!!!!!

PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Matt Kirsch

Yes, "streak" means SPEED. Geared motors are more appropriate on typical sport planes where speed is far less important than thrust.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:25 PM
RCAV8ER52

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Flew the E-Streak with the Himaxx HB 3630-1500 w/ 8 cells 3300 mAh NiMH and a 9x6 folding prop and the performance was totally FAST!!! Can't wait until the weather clears so I can fly
again!!!!! FUN!!! FUN!!! FUN!!!

PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:29 AM
RCAV8ER52

I had a Phoenix 45 from C.C. in my Electro Streak. It developed a problem.It wouldn't give
me the variable speed .As soon as I touched the throttle it went full on. The brake would not stop the prop from spinning with the throttle all the way off either. I called C.C. but they were
closed so I left a message and they returned my call the next day. After explaning what was happening the very nice man on the phone said," Well that's not going to do either one of us any good is it." He then said a new one would be in the mail in a few days with a " prepaid "
envelope to send the old one back in. That's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Thanks to C.C.

PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 05:09 AM
gwright

you can normally get more efficiency with a geared system,..i.e. more power out for the same power going in(higher performance),..or,.. the same output for less power going in (longer flights),.. and, use a smaller, lighter weight motor also. Unless HIGH speed is needed, it's almost always more efficient to use a geared motor. In the e-streak, you're not really talking "HIGH" speed,.. just 60~70mph. your example with the himax direct drive gives you a roughly 8 ounce motor that should be pulling that plane in the mid 60's for 35 or so amps. The B40 8L hacker with 4.4 gearbox can do the same thing for 5 to 6 amps less current (longer flights), and save you a couple ounces of weight to boot. The difference is that you'd use a larger prop ,.. i.e. 10X10,11X10, 11X11. a couple ounces lighter,.. around 20% more efficient (either fly 20% longer, or get 20% more performance, depending on how you prop it). Your himaxx setup sounds like it's sufficient for what you want,.. and it's a cheap system,.. so it sounds like you have a good solution,.. and as the old saying goes,..if it ain't broke, don't fix it .I just wanted to make a point about geared setups still giving increased performance on the faster aircraft as well as slower,..3D types.

As a side note,.. in your example, since you're only using 8 cells,.. i'd actually got with the B40 7S instead of the 8L. with the 7S and 4.4 gearbox, and a 9X7 prop, youd get about the same performance with less current (longer flights), and save another ounce, thus you'd be about 3 ounces lighter than the himaxx solution. Yes, Hackers cost more,.. but a ferrari is also more expensive than a hyundai different strokes for different folks,.. just as in the glow world you have OS FP's on one end and Nelson's on the other,.. vastly different performance for the same displacement.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:45 AM
RCAV8ER52

"I see," said the blind man!!! Thank you gwright!!! I learn something new every day!!! Well
almost every day.Actually sometimes 3 or 4 days goes buy when I don't learn anything new.
Now that I really think about it sometimes even a whole week goes by---OH SHUT UP!!! O.K.!!!

Thanks,
PLANE CRAZZZY!!! Seriously,it makes absotively, posilutely perfict since.

Hay gwright. Are you sure Hacker makes a B40 7S ? I looked at their web site and didn't
see a B40 7S. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place???
Old 03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
RCAV8ER52

I'm still wondering if anyone has used the Cermark brushless motor yet???

The CEM 600 BL3 for $79.95 or the CEM 600 BL2 w/4.5:1 planetary gearbox for $119.95.

Please let me know if anyone out there or anyone you know has tried it. Thanks!!!

PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
RCAV8ER52

Does Hacker make a B40 7S?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Matt Kirsch

Nope, haven't used the Cermark brushless yet. I am going to Toledo, and may be tempted to pick one up, if they have proper specifications for it.

I would assume that Hacker makes a B40 7S. The motors you see at http://www.hackerbrushless.com are only about half of the ones they have available.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:53 AM
RCAV8ER52

Yes! G. Wright explained to me in a P.M. that Hacker will even do a special wind for you
if requested.
Matt, that would be great if you picked up a Cermark motor. Then you could let us all know
what you think of it. Thanks!!!

PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 04:18 AM
RCAV8ER52

Steve Neu does a test on the new Cermark 600BL-3 direct drive brushless motor ($79.99) in
the April issue of Quiet Flyer magazine. He also runs a test on the new Panasonic "Square" NiMH 3500
mAh "sub C" battery. In a nut shell he says the Cermark 600BL-3 will be a nice motor for
mid-range power applications. And for the Panasonic "Square" NiMH 3500 mAh battery he says
for his money the GP3300's are still the the best NiMH for high- current applications.
The article starts on page 26.
PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:43 PM
RCAV8ER52

I flew my Electro Streak again on Sunday March 21st at our flying field (Tehama County Condors Corning, Ca.) and really had a great time. Some of my fellow members now want to get into ELECTRIC powered airplanes. I also flew my 6oz. AUW PAF Flying wing(EPP) that I got from Hobby Lobby during their last Fire Sale. That little thing has almost become my favorite
plane(ALMOST). It comes completely assembled w/all gear installed. All you have to do is plug in the crystal and charge the battery, program the elevons and your flying. It comes with a 700mAh Lith-Ion battery(30 min. flying time sometimes more) and a Lith-Ion battery charger
for charging two cells(approx. 4 hour charge time when completely down).This little plane really
is a lot of fun.I couldn't believe how well it flies. Hobby Lobby does not sell this plane anymore,
I really don't know why, about five guys in my club want to get one for themselves. DOES
ANYONE KNOW WHERE WE CAN GET GET SOME MORE OF THESE LITTLE FLYING WINGS???

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! RCAV8ER52
Old 04-04-2004, 02:26 AM
RCAV8ER52

Hay Matt Kirsh,
When is Toledo? Are you still thinking about getting one of the Cermark motors? I hope you do
so we can get a good review on it from you.
Thanks RCAV8ER52--- PLANE CRAZZZY!!!
Old 02-09-2021, 02:49 AM
Akilledaviator69

Default Hello

Originally Posted by RCAV8ER52 View Post
I flew my Electro Streak again on Sunday March 21st at our flying field (Tehama County Condors Corning, Ca.) and really had a great time. Some of my fellow members now want to get into ELECTRIC powered airplanes. I also flew my 6oz. AUW PAF Flying wing(EPP) that I got from Hobby Lobby during their last Fire Sale. That little thing has almost become my favorite
plane(ALMOST). It comes completely assembled w/all gear installed. All you have to do is plug in the crystal and charge the battery, program the elevons and your flying. It comes with a 700mAh Lith-Ion battery(30 min. flying time sometimes more) and a Lith-Ion battery charger
for charging two cells(approx. 4 hour charge time when completely down).This little plane really
is a lot of fun.I couldn't believe how well it flies. Hobby Lobby does not sell this plane anymore,
I really don't know why, about five guys in my club want to get one for themselves. DOES
ANYONE KNOW WHERE WE CAN GET GET SOME MORE OF THESE LITTLE FLYING WINGS???

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! RCAV8ER52
Thats crazy I live in red bluff! Hope you're still doing well! I was planning on visiting your airfield when I'm invited next! Can't wait to have a place to fly again.