Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

GWS 350 D gearing??

Old 02-04-2004, 03:26 PM
corey15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS 350 D gearing??

Thanks for looking....

Any way, im having a hard time finding a GWS 350 motor with D Gearing. I would like to buy it from aeromicro.com but i cant seem to find it there. The reason i want to get it there is because im going to order a few other things from them.

What propeller should i get for it? Its going in a foamy factory ultimate biplane running a 3 cell TP packs. i will have two battery packs, one 1300 and one 830. What speed controller will work? What reciever also? i have a Futaba 9z synthesized.

Thanks alot
Old 02-04-2004, 03:28 PM
corey15

Default RE: GWS 350 D gearing??

will the GWS ICS-300 ESC work for the gws 350 with d gearing running a 3 cell 1300 lipo pack? It says its max amp is 15
Old 02-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Dr Kiwi

If you going the Lipoly route, especially with 3s, then you SHOULD/MUST buy an ESC which is programmable for LVC - and the GWS 300, though it will work and cope with the 8A or so you are going to draw, is NOT programmable. It's LVC is set at ~5v and you need to have a 9v cutoff for 3s packs. I'd suggest a Phoenix 10P or even better a Phoenix 25P to give you a good safety margin.

One problem you have is that neither of your battery packs will be able to deliver the current your motor requires [it may well require 8-10A+] - the 1300 is good to 7.8A and the 830 only 5.0A @ 6C. You need a second "module" of each so that you can make up a 3s2p configuration for each.

Any negative shift receiver will work - you can't do better than a Berg 4 or Berg 5, but if money is tight a GWS R-4P will do.

Cheers, Phil
Old 02-04-2004, 10:45 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Dr Kiwi,
All of the equipment you mention is fine, for a brushless motor, but he wants the GWS 350 can brushed motor. The problem with using 3S Li-poly cells with the brushed motor is that it will eventually burn it out at 11.1 volts. Otherwise, it will run for a while just fine on the 3s1p configuration as the brushed motor doesn't require such a high current rating.

Jesse