Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Motor Contact Confusion

Old 02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Rob_The_Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Contact Confusion

I'm assembling my first kit and I'm a bit stuck with something which should be easy. Apologies.

I'm about to solder the speed controller to my Scorpio 480 (S85480) motor but I can't be 100% sure which contact on the motor is which!
There are + and - labels but they are badly positioned and could relate to either contact depending how you look at things.

If I look at the back of the motor with the writing on the case horizontal and the right way up, which contact is +. Top (left) or bottom(right)?

I would really appreciate a hand here.

Many thanks.

RR
Old 02-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Motor Contact Confusion

The sure way to tell is to try it. If you can apply power to the motor from any battery, you can tell which way it's turning. All you need is a D battery and a couple of short pieces of wire.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Rob_The_Voice

Default RE: Motor Contact Confusion

a good point well made. Many thanks.