Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Difinitive Word

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Dstrass
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difinitive Word

Electric is Amazing!!!
Is there a publication, or, online .pdf, or, .txt, that teaches the basics/expert word about electric motors, props, gear ratios, Li-poly, Li-poly chargers, etc.,...?
I've been flying RC for 22 years and now have a GWS Zero, with a 350C motor and a 8.4V Li-poly. It screams, but, i need to know more. The time is now for electrics..
Where is the manual that explains all?
Show me!
Dave
Old 02-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difinitive Word

Dave,

You're looking at it!

Electric is constantly changing. By the time any book made it to print, most of the information inside would be obsolete or incorrect. New battery technology comes out quarterly, and promises of bigger and better come more often. Besides, who wants to spend time writing books or setting up websites when you could be out building and flying all this neat stuff?

Your best bet is to hit a couple of forum sites and start reading. The most up-to-date information will be there. If you know some basic electrical theory (i.e. series and parallel circuits, and Ohm's Law), the rest will register fairly easily.

Here's a bit to get you started: Voltage is the electical equivalent of cubic inches.