Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

16/25/3 SETUP

Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
fernandorussell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16/25/3 SETUP

What would be the best setup for a SKY SCOOTER PRO II with the MEGA 16/25/3 motor.
gear box:
prop:
battery:
ESC:
I have the stock 3:1 gear box and the greatplanes 1.7:1 aluminum gearbox, include them in the setup.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 16/25/3 SETUP

What is your idea of "best?" How do you want the plane to fly? That motor can be used to turn the Scooter into a rocket if you want.

For some ideas on direct drive applications, and the motor's specifications, check out http://www.megamotorsusa.com.

I've been running some numbers at http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma.asp, and you can get some pretty nice thrust and speed by just slapping a prop on this little gem. Using 8 Sanyo HF4/5AUP cells and a 7x5 APC prop, you're talking over 2lbs of thrust and a 68MPH top speed. Compare that to the original's 18oz of thrust and 31MPH top speed Amps are around 20; the motor's max is 30A. Zoom-zoom

If you're going for rocket performance, you might want to yank the wimpy little HS55 servos and replace them with something a little more robust, like HS81s.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:07 PM
raabid

Default RE: 16/25/3 SETUP

Just to give you an idea of what this motor can do, I've got my 16/25/3 hooked up to a MEC Superbox geared 3.33:1 turning a 15X8 prop on 16 X 1800 Hecells pulling 27 amps Power out ~350watts, ~70 mph, ~1.5 thrust to weight, on a 54oz ThreeDee rebuild. This motor is incredible. I'm propping down to a 13X6.5 to relieve some of my adrenaline issues while flying.