Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Himax Motor Question

Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himax Motor Question

I have been doing some research on the Himax motors. I see that they are mainly going on airplanes, so I figured I would come to this side of the house and ask the questions. I see they have some models that look like 540 can styles. Will these work on a EP car? (Just looking to not spend 300-400$ on a brushless). Any info would be great. If you would please e-mail or PM me your thoughts. Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73022.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	101996  
Old 02-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himax Motor Question

If you won't tell the Electric Motor Police, I won't either

Technically speaking, there's really no difference between something like the Novak brushless motor system and these HiMaxx motors.

You'll need a brushless ESC for cars, for sure. There aren't too many out there, and they're kind of expensive. I was looking for one so I could adapt my Astro 010 brushless to my Micro RS4, and it was not encouraging. The typical airplane ESC doesn't have reverse, and unless it's programmable, it will run at a low idle when your throttle trigger is centered. One of my favorite manufacturers, Castle Creations, has been hinting that they're going to come out with a brushless car ESC.

I'm pretty sure that only some of those HiMaxx motors are available. You might want to check into that and make sure if the 540 motors are even available before you get too excited.