Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

phenoix 10A Issue

Old 02-24-2004, 12:00 PM
MarkInCanadaFromUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phenoix 10A Issue

My Set up: brushless razor 350 /GWS ESC /10A phenoix , 3c12000 Lipol.

My problem: on throttle up a little gearbox goes a little nuts, will not rotate gets stuck. This doesn't always happen, ln my workshop all is fine, take it out to the field and problem happenes...bring it back and all is ok..few days later try again...same issue, but now I can't get it to work properly.

I have tried the following:

Unplug battery and try again
Tried all 3 timings after going into programming mode.
Treid 3 different batteries, Nicd and Lipol.
Checked all connections, looked for contamination on motor etc. all ok.

This is all new equipment.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:49 PM
chimchim

Default RE: phenoix 10A Issue

Mark,

Do you have a wattmeter or DVM/AMP-meter you can put in series with the battery to check the amp draw? Perhaps your gear mesh is tighter than necessary and you are pulling to many amps.
Also, what type and size of prop are you using?

Steve
Old 02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

If you're not an expert at visually recognizing bad connections, a visual inspection isn't going to help you much

Usually, failure to start indicates a bad connection between the motor and ESC.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Boss248

There must be some play in the gear mesh...if there is no play then it sounds like the gears are bad. If the gears look good and there is the proper amount of play and the prop turns freely when turned by hand then it must be electical. If it is a GWS gear box getting the gear mesh to tight is next to impossible as there is little to no adjustment.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
MarkInCanadaFromUK

thanks for the posts.

The play between the gear, is fine... The combo was running fine for about 3 charges of my batteries, Im going to re-do the motor to esc connections and try again... they are soldered and shrink wrapped...

any other ideas would be great.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Boss248

It must be something down the line from the motor/gb...I'll bet it is a bad connection somewhere.
K
Let us know when and if you find the prob.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
MarkInCanadaFromUK

Its the ESC,
I tried another motor and tried the ESC on another motor and my motors fine and the esc isn't.
So lets see how CC is with its warranty... I hope they are not like FMA (very slow, 8 weeks and counting). I have not had much look with my last order, my Charger was dead on arrival (FMA) and my ESC was ok for a little while..at lease the razor is ok!

Talking to others in the club today, it seems a lot of the new ESC 10a's have somekind of software problem..

Thanks to all for you help.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Boss248

Well it's good you found the problem...it's bad that it's bad, but at least you know and can get it fixed or buy a new one to get flying. I go over to rcgroups.net a lot and the CC folks are really on top of what they sell and service. Thgis is from what I have read...I have the CC Phoinex 10 and the Pixie 20. The Motor I use is the Himax 2105/5400 on TP 3p 1320 and 2100 and so far so good. I hope you get good service and get in the air soon...it's hard to have to go thru the warranty thing because it seems they always shoot the blame back to the operator and refuse to accept the products can be problematic...keep us posted as to the results....