Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Mega Motor Help

Old 02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
mikejdad
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mega Motor Help

I have a Mega 16/7/7 attached to GWS gearbox and a CC Phoenix 25 esc and the prop is an APS 9x5e the thing just chatters and won't move. The prop shaft seems free & without the prop attached seems to turn freely. I've tried several fully charged batteries from 12v nimh to 1500mah lipoly 11.1 v and nothing seems to change except the motor starts to get warm as does the esc. The esc indicates full throttle by the flashing red lamp. Any ideas? Do I have a defective motor? Thanks for any help.....Mike J.
Flash-----It's a defective ESC as I switched to another ESC and the Mega brushless is a wow!!motor!! very powerful. I'll call CC as the ESC is new..
Old 02-26-2004, 06:14 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mega Motor Help

A couple of suggestions. Have you checked the programming of the ESC? Check the instruction sheet for the way to do this. Have you tried reversing your throttle channel?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:49 PM
mikejdad
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mega Motor Help

Thanks Mr. Mulligan. Will check the programming again to be certain everything ios right. Will also check end point & reversing on channel 3.