Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Anyone see this site?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:50 PM
aeropete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone see this site?

Hey, I have found an interesting website that sells powerful DC brushed and brushless motors. Here is the site - http://www.mpm.maxonmotor.com/products/ can any of these motors be applied for use on airplanes? What is good about the DC brushed motors is that some of them are already internally geared. They also jut have gears that you can add on to your own motor.

Here is another site that sells battery packs and seperae rechargables for whoevers makes their own pack. They have lithium ion batteries for cheap also. http://www.smcelectronics.com/BATT.HTM If you need stepper motors you can got to "parts" then "motors." If anyone has seen the first site i stated i just want to know if the motors their or usefull or not. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:13 AM
Ta-154 Moskito

Default RE: Anyone see this site?

Hi Aero...

I was actually suprised to see the first site you posted...Maxxon. I had used two of their brushless motors in a german destroyer built for BB combat over 20 years ago. I had forgotten all about those motors. I fly RC aircraft most of the time and have no idea how the motors would work in an aircraft. I do recall however that the motors in the destroyer were some of the quietest motors I had ever owned. I'd certainly try them again if I had a need but right now I'm overwhelmed. Let me know if you do anything with them. I was really impressed by the quality back then.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:36 AM
kev71h

I'm curious about these also
Old 03-04-2004, 02:59 PM
clively

(note: opinion based on about 10 minutes of research on their site)

Yes you could use these for RC, but I'm not sure that you'd want to.

Most of the motors listed had a pretty low speed constant of around 700 RPM/V coupled with a very high (24 to 36V) voltage operating range. By Comparison Astro's 010 motor has a constant of about 2300 RPM/Volt with an operating range of 6 to 12 volts.

In addition the motors didn't put out much power compared to the weight. One I looked at weighed 14 ounces and only put out around 80 watts on 30 cells. The Astro 010 puts out 75 watts on 9 cells.

So to sum up, they are heavy, low output motors compared to what we normally use.

chris.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:35 PM
aeropete

Thanks for the information. They also sell internal motor gears for motors. They look good. How would the gears they have compare to the gears we use? I found another site, which probably sells much better motors for our application. They sell cd-rom and dvd-rom motors if. Also some motors for drills weighing at 55 grams and at 12 volts. Here it is http://www.minebea-ele.com/en/product/motor/F_6000/ anyone see this one?