Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Crazy 8 Wattage UK Help

Old 03-07-2004, 12:18 PM
CHEF-UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy 8 Wattage UK Help

Hi folks,

just a quick question about my Crazy 8.

Just built it and it had the maiden flight, no problems but i was a little dissapointed about the amount of power. I dont really want to start spending big money on it, this is what I have in it so far.

4 x super tec servo's, (the right ones)

1 JP 480 motor

1 Simprop RS 38-10 AP speed controller

1 x NiMH 8 cell 1050 mAh battery.

1 x 5x5 carbon prop (non folding)

What can or should I do to make this a bit better in the power dept. Any help would be really usefull as no one has any real idea on our club field.

Many thanks

Keith (UK)
Old 03-07-2004, 03:16 PM
pikebishop

Default RE: Crazy 8 Wattage UK Help

a 2.5/1 geardrive and a 10/6 might be worth a try. mine has a mega 16/15/5 on a 2/1 reduction and rocks. not sure what the kv is on that 480 so you might want to take that into consideration when selecting a gear ratio. rc groups has an extensive thread on the c-8 that you might want to take a look at.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:48 PM
CHEF-UK

excuse my ignorance, but when you say 16/15/5 what on earth do you mean ? i take it you dont mean a 15" x 5" prop?? id be impressed if you did!
Old 03-07-2004, 07:14 PM
pikebishop

mega 16/15/5 brushless. p calc would let you punch in some different numbers with different props, etc. just make sure to choose a 480 with similar kv. I run a 9/6 or a 10/5 with the brushless setup,draws about 14 amps.