Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless Recommendation

Old 03-13-2004, 11:20 PM
NMPhi767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Recommendation

I need some advice. I have scratch-built a 35 inch wingspan scale model of a P-51D. I have covered the plane except for the wings and it is weighing in at 10 ounces. With all of the radio equipment, retracts, and battery, I estimate It will weigh in at 15-16 oz. I want to put a brushless motor in this model but I have no experience with brushless power. I am thinking of using a AXI 2212/34 because It will overpower the plane (I want this plane to fly straight up!) and it is cheap, 117 bucks with the controller from hobby lobby. However, I want to know if this is a reliable motor, does anyone know of a better value, and will the Jeti 8 amp controller that is recommended for it cut off at a suitable voltage for li-poly batteries?
Old 03-14-2004, 12:01 AM
NMPhi767

Default RE: Brushless Recommendation

Here are some pics. There is plenty of room for all of the stuff that I have to put in it. The covering job is pretty ugly. I think I might redo it. This is the first model I have ever built that is not an ARF so cut me some slack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28541.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	111178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66336.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	111179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34871.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	111180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74151.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	111181  
Old 03-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Wayne Miller

Default RE: Brushless Recommendation

Hi NMPhi767,

I don't have enough experience to make a recomendation for your particular model, however, if no one responds, I would suggest you go to the Motocalc site and download their software. It is free for 30 days.

It will allow you to put in your models information, type of flying you do etc. and then suggest a power system for your plane.

Hope this helps.

Wayne Miller