Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hearing loss.

Old 03-20-2004, 05:54 PM
revier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hearing loss.

I have been flying gas since the mid 40's, have two models set up that way right now and don't plan on parking them anytime soon. Not so good is the fact that I have lost some of my hearing due to the high pitched roar of said engines. Even so I do not plan to quit flying them although I do have to drive to an airport to fly because people object to the sound where I used to fly. I also have four sailplanes and three are equipped with electric motors. These I can fly in a local park or ball diamond and save the long drive to an airport. Some day's you only have enough time to stay close by to get some flying in. So much for my 2 cents worth. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hearing loss.

I have a new Jett .50 I've been breaking in. I thought seriously about getting some ear plugs next time I run it.