Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

CC25 and Aveox 27/13/4 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:06 AM
air manito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC25 and Aveox 27/13/4 help

I'm having a problem in my Pelikan Mig-35 with a CC25 and an Aveox 27/13/4 turning an APC 6x4. It's powered by a Kan 1800mah 8-cell. Normally, it will go like mad right from the start and as long as I don't throttle back too far, no problem. But when I throttle back and, heaven forbid, cut the throttle- the motor begins to stutter and won't do anything but stutter when I throttle back up.

The motor does seem to be a bit hot, but the esc and batt are not.

Sometimes, however, it will only spin the prop the first time the throttle is engaged. As soon as the throttle is cut, the motor becomes useless. When I apply more throttle it will only stutter back and forth without really spinning in any direction. Disconnscting and reconnecting the battery doesn't help. The motor stutters just the same when it is reconnected. It does seem to reset itself if the battery is left unplugged for 10-15 minutes or more, but when it does reset itself and the prop spins up to WOT, it will again stutter and die when the throttle is cut.

I've got the brake off. I've tried lowering the cutoff voltage to 4V....same stutter, no go. The problem happens with a freshly charged battery as well as a nearly discharged one.

Finally a calm sunny day to fly and my plane won't go!!! DOH![:@]

Any ideas?

manito