Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Epoxy on car

Old 04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
halfmoon129

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epoxy on car

Sorry if this isnt in the right forum, but Im already here so what the hell. I was repairing my estarter on top of my moms car the other day. I had to epoxy the wing back together. For some unknown act of God the epoxy jumped off the foam and onto the hood of the car. She let me borrow the car for a few days as mine is in the shop so she doesnt know about it. If anybody can help me out with a solution to get it off I would be happy and owe you my life. I already tried adhesive remover for cars that I got at Pepboys, but it didnt work. Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,P lease!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Dopesick

Default RE: Epoxy on car

Peel it off... Epoxy should just flake off, hope you didnt ruin the clear coat or paint.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Once epoxy has cured, it's completely inert. Nothing will dissolve it. Your only hope is that your mom's car has a decent paint job and a coat of wax on it. Then you can carefully pop or scrape the epoxy off. On a rusty car, it's there for the duration.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:08 PM
pikebishop

hot epoxy will soften so you might be able to scrape it off with a credit card or something similar.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
halfmoon129

I'll try