Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:45 AM
737-700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Question

Hi every one, I have the following question, I own a Lil´Rascal with 180 size motor with gear drive, a 350mAh Ni-MH (7-cell 2/3 AAA size) and Airtronics Flight Pack 5-Channel Micro 20 Amp ESC, the manual call´s for a 4 to 10 Amp ESC, and the problem that I have is that when I connect everything the throtlle works fine but when I move the ruder or elevator the throtlle is activated, the radio is a VG400 and has no programing and mixing capabilities.

The Airtronics Flight Pack 5-Channel Micro ESC includes :

One 92515Z 5 Channel FM Single Conversion "Z" Receiver with Crystal
Two Super Micro 9gram 94091Z Servos
One Mini Amp ES-20 Electronic Speed Controller
One Set of Servo Accessories for servos
Old 05-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Setup Question

If you disconnect the servos, does it still happen?

You didn't, by chance, happen to hook up the battery backwards at some point in the setup phase, did you?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:42 PM
737-700

Default RE: Setup Question

I will check about the servos, I do not think I connected backwards, but what I´m very sure I did was to connect the receivers battery and the throttle cable from the ESC that has power at the same time so maybe I over powered the rx, Is any thing I can do?

Thanks In advance