Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

prop question 2,3&4 blade.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 08:06 AM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop question 2,3&4 blade.

i have noticed that all competition models,racing or 3d freestyle use 2 bladed props.i can see that in 3d 2 blades would have a larger thrust area simalar to a helicopter ,helpful for verticle manuvers.but in racing or need for speed,a 3 or 4 being better.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Wright Flyer

Default RE: prop question 2,3&4 blade.

A third or fourth blade actually disturb the air for the next blade coming round in the rotation, 2 spaced as far apart as possible are better, so 3/4 blade props are actually less efficient than 2 blade and are usually only used on scale aircraft where you want the number of prop blades to match the ful-scale design.

Believe it or not but there really are things such as one bladed props and these are used in various competition classes where the most efficient use of the battery energy by the motor/prop is of paramount importance. Have a read of http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_askjd/ - DonStackhouse there is a prop designer and gives some real insight into prop design in many of the answers in their Q&A section

Cliff
Old 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: prop question 2,3&4 blade.

thank you wright flyer.you fella`s in the uk have been the most informative .in my opinoin we are playing catch up here in the states compared to what i see you guys doing in quiet flyer international.i think the blade2&vortec come from the east side,top notch way to represent,very inspirational.i never considered they made a 1 blade prop thats wild man . thanx again shawn.