Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Which power package?

Old 08-16-2004, 09:14 AM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which power package?

I have one of the yellow Wattage trainers they used to sell. I want to use it to fly around in the field behind my house. The stock motor and power package is quite weak. I am a Gas/Glow guy and don't know a much about the electrics. Could someone recomend a Moter/Gearbox setup and battery set up for this airplane? Brushless? The airplane ready to go with current motor/gearbox and no battery is about 1lb 6oz. It has a Wattage 380 speed controller.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 08-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Which power package?

You'll have to provide us with more particulars about the airplane, such as its dimensions, and details about its current power system.

You also might be able to improve performance with a simple battery or prop swap.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:37 PM
gow589

Took me a while to finde it but I did. It is the Wattage Impress:
http://www.retail-leaders.com/manuals/128412.pdf
Gary
Old 08-18-2004, 08:51 AM
gow589

They don't really have specs on the motor. I have seen it refered to as a 380. The wingspan is about 44". The motor and gearbox leave a lot to be desired. It is a very light airframe and would be a good flier with a good power package on it.

Gary