Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hi perfo motors and GWS props?

Old 09-13-2004, 02:05 AM
RC Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi perfo motors and GWS props?

Hi

I have a Jeti Phasor 15/4 and a Phasor 30/3 and have been contemplating using GWS DIRECT DRIVE props on them.

I have 6 mm prop adapters for both motors. Since the GWS Direct Drive props have 3 mm holes I will and have to drill out the prop hubs so that they can be installed on 6 mm adapters.

Before I do that I wanted to know if it is safe. The GWS props look a bit fragile and I want to be reasonably sure that the prop will not disintegrate in air.

Does anybody have some experience using GWS direct drive props on Phasors or other hi perfo motors? Is there any max RPM limits available for these props?

Will appreciate your feedback.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:03 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Hi perfo motors and GWS props?

I myself would not consider using a GWS prop of any kind on a high-power motor. APC Thin Electric props aren't much more expensive, and they seem soooooo much more substantial to me.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Hi perfo motors and GWS props?

I'm with Matt on this one - use APC E, Master Airscrew Electric Only, Graupner Cam (not the Slim props - I've had them dramatically "flatten" and lose pitch on a Phasor) or Aeronaut Carbon.

Cheers, Phil