Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Which speed controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM
nate1001
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which speed controller

I'm buying an axi motor and I can 't decide which control to get. Should I get a jeti 30 or phoenix 25?
Old 09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Which speed controller

Either way, you can't go wrong, and won't be sorry. HOWEVER, buying Castle means you're buying Made In The USA products, and buying from one of the best after-sale support teams on the planet.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:58 PM
nate1001

I'm gonna get a jeti 30 its on sale at hobby lobby for $39.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Gotta_Fly

Hey Fellows
I have a quick question, I'm very new to the electric world and what I'm trying to find out is, for excample if i bought a Phoenix 25 speed controller, If I bought a Jeti what is the one that's closet to the 25, or lets say I have a phoenix 10, what would be the size for the Jeti, and also is there one that is better then the other to you guys, the reason i ask is I live about 6 miles from Hobby-Lobby in Nashville and I dont think they sale Phoenix so i wanted something that would work the same.

Thanks guys
Randy
Old 10-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Dr Kiwi

Its better to overdo it on the ESC - if you need 8A a 10A-15A ESC will be better (if a litle heavier), if you need 25A, a 30A-35A ESC is still a good choice. Just don't go under - i.e. if you are pulling 9A don't go for a Jeti 8A, get at least a Phoenix 10A/25A or even a Jeti 18A, if that's the next option.

Cheers, Phil