Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

surging-3s1p,jeti18,eflit400 brushless

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
srxripper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surging-3s1p,jeti18,eflit400 brushless

i noticed today while flying that my motor started surging at 80% throttle after about 13min, i checked the battery and was reading 10.5v. i threw on a charged pack and bam, no problem. now is this an indication from my s.c that my battery is getting low or do i have the wrong timing on the speed controler for the motor i'm using! i know certain brushless motors need specific timing, but my motor doesnt list what! 6:6:1/ 12*6p

whats a good safe min. voltage for 3s lipo,

also my packs are good to 10c-tanics 1050, i think?!

any help please!thanks rod
Old 10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: surging-3s1p,jeti18,eflit400 brushless

10.5 Volts, with no load. I suspect that you were at or below 9.0 Volts with the motor running.

Jeti ESCs start pulsing the motor when the battery gets low. I'm sure that's what was going on.