Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Electric 1/7th scale p38, need your expertise

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electric 1/7th scale p38, need your expertise

Hi All!

Well I am going forward and converting to an electric version of my P38. I want to use the best motor/battery combination to get the best performance. I am not an expert on electrics and I definetly need your advice if you have any.

Here are the specs and you can see the model at http://www.vicrc.com/my_p38.htm

This is an all composite aircraft 1/7th scale, 88" wing span, ~1000 square inch wing area, it uses the true naca airfoil used on the full size counterpart. I have successfully flown the gas powered version, next plan here is to build an electric version. I have already thought about how it will be made and what materials to use in fabrication. I make them myself so that is the easy part, the hard part is the motor/batter/prop that will yield the best performance.

The airframe, servos, retracts support will be around 10-14 lbs NOT including the batteries, motors and speed control. I don't know if I can use retractactable undercarriege so the weight is a big range. So lets target that at 14lbs without motor and batteries

I am hoping to get the p38 fling in the 90-100 mph range, Is this possible?? or am I dreaming??... If you think it is possible please advice me on the motor/battery/speed control combination that I can use!!!

Thanks for your help!

Vic
www.vicrc.com
Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric 1/7th scale p38, need your expertise

Is This plane similar to the VQ models P38, if so check the glow to elec conversion section here, and find the post by Mookie1, on his conversion of the VQ P38. Also have you tried any of the systems like Moto calc?
BJ