Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Setup Question??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
andylewis10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Question??

Hi all,

Quick question.

I have a Himax outrunner 2812/850, CC 25a ESC, Mostlikley be running a 10x5 prop, can anyone tell me what type/size of 11.1v lipoly battery I should be running. I know there is a mathmatical equation for figuring it out so if anyone knows it to it would be of great help. I don't want to ruin batteries

Thanks Andy
Old 01-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Setup Question??

The mathematical equation requires that you know how many Amps the setup will draw.

In the absence of test numbers, we can make assumptions, though. We can use the maximum current rating of the motor, which is 12 Amps, to the best of my knowledge. Horizon has a PDF file that lists this information.

Most LiPolys currently on the market that are at least 1250mAh can handle the load in a 1S configuration. That is, a single 3-cell pack, no need to add packs in parallel. You'll want to look for a capacity of at least 1250mAh, and a C-rating of at least 10C.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
andylewis10

Default RE: Setup Question??

Thatnks Matt,

I have my paperwork and yes your correct at 11.1v using a 10x5 prop the motor current scale shows just shy of 12amps.

so working backwards I can tell what size batery I need by dividing the amps by the 10C rating to find out the needed max amperage for the battery.

do I have that right?
should I always be buying 10C bateries? What about the 8C that gws sells or the Kokam 1500MHA cells that state 20C kinda still lost

no mater just to make sure do these equations look right for use in the future?
12amp / 8C = 1.5 or 1500MHA or higher

12amp motor rating / 10C = 1.2amp or 1200MHA or higher

Thanks again