Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Twin Speed COntroller

Old 01-14-2005, 10:17 AM
fpdesignco
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Speed COntroller

Is there such thing as a twin engine speed control.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Twin Speed COntroller

Well, that depends. Are you controlling a brushless or brushed(can type) set of motors? Quick and dirty, Brushed motors, no problem - but use a speed control that's rated for the expected peak current draw for both(or all) motors. If it's a brushless setup, unfortunately, you'll need a control for each motor. I beleive Jeti(?) or Castle is coming out with a multi speed control soon, but I don't have any info yet. I hope so! I need a couple.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:25 PM
KingCobra
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Twin Speed COntroller

CWRR5: In September,2004, I sent Castle Creations an inquiry on controllers for twin, brushless applications, and the response from Product Support was exactly what I expected..."A twin controller would simple be two controllers shrink wrapped together or put on one board. It is easy to design a sensored controller that will work with twins but there are no sensored motors on the market anymore." While it wasn't stated explicitly, the response didn't imply that such a controller was in development.