Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

2 cell Lipos with an AP29 motor, will they work?

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

2 cell Lipos with an AP29 motor, will they work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:10 PM
mystang97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 cell Lipos with an AP29 motor, will they work?

I have the kyosho AP29 motor on a shock 3d from CG and im running an 8X4 prop. I also have the 1500mah electrifly 2cell lipos from GP GPMP0830. The battery seems to be getting warm very quickly. Could it be from the prop? Should I drop down to a 7X4?? According to the instructions with the battery, it should be able to handle speed 400 size motors. Or should I just drop to a hot bb 280 motor with a gearbox? What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
pikeman401
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 2 cell Lipos with an AP29 motor, will they work?

mystang97

I had the same question a while back. I got some good feedback from it. As a mater of fact you even posted a reply on there asking the same question but did not get a reply. If you go back and read the replys I got I think you will find that you may be running too big a prop. The other guys are running smaller props. Sorry I can't help more.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 PM
pikeman401
My Feedback: (1)

Just wanted to add that I haven't tried mine out yet. We still have snow on the ground here in MN. I am running with a kokam 2000 2s bat pack so hope the amp draw should be ok. I will try a 7-4 prop first. Also, I have not used Electrfly batteries but read a thread earlier where some guy ask which batteries where the best. Electrifly did not get very good reviews. Just passing on the info.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 PM
mystang97
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks for the info, im going to try the smaller prop. Any idea why the electrilfy batteries didnt get such a good rating?