Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Programming the Phoenix 25

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:39 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Programming the Phoenix 25

I am trying to program my Phoenix 25 with my JR9303 radio.

I am having a problem getting the P25 into the programming mode.

I move the throttle to the top, turn on the transmitter, and plug the battery into the P25. The motor is also connected to the P25.
I hear a series of tones and then the LED flashes once, pause, once, pause, etc.
I move the throttle to the middle
I hear a series of tones and the LED flashes twice, pause, twice, pause, etc.
I move the throttle to the top
I hear a series of tones and the LED flashes 3 times, pause, 3 times, pause, etc.
I hear a series of random tones - not the four tones you describe in the documentation
I see a flash, then a beep, flash, then a beep, pause, etc., not the
It appears that I am in Program Setting 1
I select option 5 (9 volt cuttoff), by moving the throttle to the bottom, wait for the continuous rapid tones, and then the middle, 5 times, until I hear one beep and a flash followed by 5 beeps and 5 flashes.
I move the throttle to the top to select Option 5
I wait until I hear rapid successive tones
I am now at Program Setting 2.
I continue on through all 7 program settings
When I am done, I disconnect the battery.

When I try the proceedure again, none of the settings I chose had been saved.

Everything seems to work OK, but I do notice that the battery will run down until the motor stops, without giving me any indication that I have reached the Cutoff voltage of 9 volts.

What is wrong? Why are none of my settings being saved?

I have done this many times with the same results.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming the Phoenix 25

Get a CC PHx link. A lot easier.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 04-13-2005, 08:39 AM
-pkh-

ORIGINAL: GWR
Get a CC PHx link. A lot easier.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Yep... get the USB programmer for it... well worth the $$$. Makes programming extremely simple, and allows you to upgrade the ESC's firmware to the latest version...
Old 04-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

While the PHX Link is handy, the ESC should still be programmable from the transmitter. A PHX Link is the only way to see the "saved" settings, though.

Maybe you're misinterpreting the instructions? I programmed my Phoenix 80 a couple of times before I bought a PHX Link, and you basically go through the entire sequence regardless of the settings.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:53 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gather, from responses that I have received from RC Groups, that when one enters the Programming Mode, each Program Setting starts at Option 1 and does not Default to the Option Number I chose the last time programmed the ESC. Therefore, without the USB device, I have no way of knowing what Option each Program Setting is set to. I was concerned that the Cuttoff Voltage was not set properly, because the motor runs down until it stops and the ESC does not seem to Pulse, Hesitate, Stop, or otherwise tell me that I have reached the Cuttoff Voltage. Some ESC's will Stop the motor, when the Cuttoff Voltage has been reached, and then give you a little power to land. I don't notice that my P25 gives any indication that the Cuttoff Voltage has been reached. I have a Duralite ESV with .5, 1.0, and 1.5 amp load capability. Do you check your LiPos under load?