Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Problems with Astro 010

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:55 PM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with Astro 010

I use an Atro 010 in my Ascent sailplane. It is a great combination. The motor will run for over 30 minutes on 2 7.4 1500 mah packs.

But on my last flight the back of the 010 motor came off in flight and destroyed the motor. It looks to me like the back plate on the motor just snaps into the motor casing.

My understanding of this motor is that it is very solid.

I do run the motor on 7.4 volts for up to 10 minutes at a time. But that should not cause the motor to come apart.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you. bob

Old 04-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with Astro 010

I would give AstroFlight a call, explain the situation. Hopefully they can help you out. The Astro IS a solid motor generally speaking, but stuff does happen even to the best of them.

7.4V, but what size prop and/or how many Amps? You certainly didn't wreck it from overspeeding, but that doesn't mean you weren't overloading it on the current side, which would cause the motor to overheat. The outer can could expand and release the rear endbell to the wind...