Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

E-flight resources

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flight resources

I'm new to electrics and I'm trying to learn some theory behind motors, batteries (LiPos), charging methods, maintenance etc. Do you have in resources or papers in mind that could be useful?

Rgrds,

Nik
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: E-flight resources

Nik,
most of the published stuff is too old to be of much use. Surfing the web is your best bet. Try going to the Ampeer web site and reading the articles and back issues. This is a premier e-power site and practically a must for e-flyers. Ken Myers is a close personal friend of Keith Shaw, whose is THE e-power guru and lots of Keith's stuff is published on the site. The plane evaluation section is very valuable for learning about successes and failures of planes and power systems. The "links" section is a fantastic resource. Ken himself is a selfless advocate of e-power and very willing to assist anyone who askes for help.

http://members.aol.com/kmyersefo/homepage.htm
Old 04-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: E-flight resources

If you want to get really in-depth, check out Quiet Flyer magazine. They have monthly technical articles on the theory behind all this stuff.

Starting out, I would master series/parallel circuits, Ohm's Law (V=IR), the Watts formula (W=VI).