Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Rotation and Props?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:00 AM
CrashSwiftly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotation and Props?????

Hi All and please forgive my ignorance. I am 100% lost when it comes to the world of e-flight. I have flown slimmers for 10yrs though...

I recently began working on my first ever electric. It is a 3d foamy f-15 parkjet that is a pusher.

I have a phoenix 25 controller and a Ultrafly B/06/15 Outrunner and will be using a thunderpower 3s1p 2100 Mah Lipo

My questions are:

The instructions state to make sure the rotation of the motor is correct before soldering. Rotation? do I want clock or counter clock?

The recommended props are apc electrics or SF or GWS but I cant find any mention of pusher props. Do you simply use a standard prop and put the prop on backwards? or mount it the right way and make the motor run backwards?

Im SOOOOO confused.

I'm not even possitive I can use the motor with this plane.. My LHS says its a good one to use??????

Thanks and again I r sorry I am DUMB.

crash

Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 AM
RandyT

Default RE: Rotation and Props?????

I guess the easiest why I can put it is if your looking from the nose of the plane to the tail, you should be able to read the numbers on the prop. Then make sure the motor spins in the correct direction. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

C/S
Yes prop should face the same direction, whether it's on the front or back of the bird.
Looking from the front of the plane, most props will spin counter clockwise.
Do a temp hook up on motor, and check rotation, if its wrong switch any two wires from controller to motor. BE SURE all connections are insulated.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:06 PM
CrashSwiftly

Thanks for the replies, I undestand now. I knew it was simple, I just built more into it.

my motor will be mounted facing backwards so I will want to change the rotaion due to the prop really being mounted on the motor shaft backwards..
by making the motor run "backwards" I simply cause the now reversed prop to spin in its normal way creating a pusher without using a special kind of prop.

duh...I think I know what i just typed...

Thanks again for the help!

Crash
Old 06-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

If you think of the prop as a screw with the leading edge trying to screw itself into the air, you will always get it right