Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

GWS Set

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 08:38 AM
FlyinHigh78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Set

I have a GWS P-51 that came with a 300 ecs, eps 350 and a 750 mah battery and the gws 1080 prop. I recently crashed the plane and the gearbox broke off, my questions is I have a EPS 400 D-drive motor laying around and was wondering if it will work in the above setup.
I already have installed but I did not hook up the motor to the ecs yet. I wanted to make sure it would work before something stupid happens. Thanks for your help

Vinny
Old 07-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GWS Set

If it means anything, GWS recommends a 400 D geared drive with a 9x5 prop on 3S Lipo. I don't think you'd get much out of your 750 pack besides shorter flight times. I'd say you'd get better performance out of another 350.