Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

help with AXI/ JETI combo

Old 08-16-2005, 07:24 PM
ctyankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with AXI/ JETI combo

I am totally new to electrics and I built a Telemaster with a axi motor so I could teach my son how to fly and to try electric. My problem is that before I hooked up the Thunder Power battery I got, I checked the voltage and it was only .01 volts! They are replacing that because they said it is no good. I have another lipoly that I got for a Tiger Moth I have so I figured I'd hook it up and at least try the motor. The instructions claim the speed controller should beep when turned on but doesn't. Also when you advance the throtle the motor make a weird noise and the prop just kind of moves back and forth a revolution or two...... Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated being I am totally new to this.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:58 PM
noahmas

Default RE: help with AXI/ JETI combo

If you're turning on the plane before the transmitter, that's what it could be because the instructions usually say the opposite. It could also be that that the speed controller is bad.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
ctyankee

I did follow the instructions and turned the transmitter on first. I sure hope it is not a bad controller too.....
Old 08-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Devin McGrath

Make sure that your speed controller is set to hard timing.