Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Pardon the Newby Q - basic calculations...

Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
salewis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pardon the Newby Q - basic calculations...

I am very new and very excited about high performance electrics since I bought a hot-dog version of the EP-Ultimate. However, I have no clue as to making even basic decisions when putting a power-system together from scratch.

I have found out that relating Watts to Weight may (may not) be a good measure of end-performance. Seems like I remember some basic rules (like more voltage - higher rpm, less run-time while more current - more torque less run-time).

Is there an "Idiots Guide to Electric Motors" that takes into account this and the issues of brushless inrunner vs outrunner?

+Stan
Old 08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pardon the Newby Q - basic calculations...

No books that I know of but there is a wealth of knowledge in these forums. Chances are someone has already tried what you want to do.